Leibniz ScienceCampus Digital Public Health (LSC DiPH) summer schoolDesigning, evaluating, and implementing digital public health interventions
Digital public health interventions have great potential for enhancing population health, yet are complex, quickly evolving, and provide unique challenges. This 5-day summer school will provide a broad overview of the design, evaluation, and implementation of digital public health interventions.
The summer school will take place 10 to 14 July 2023 in Bremen. The course language is English.
It is hosted by the Leibniz ScienceCampus Digital Public Health (LSC DiPH) and will include a range of presenters, including Prof. Dr. Hajo Zeeb, Prof. Dr. Benjamin Schüz, and Prof. Dr. Ansgar Gehardus.
Who it is for:
- Researchers currently working on or planning to work with digital public health interventions
- Students undertaking a Master’s or PhD in Public Health, Psychology, Human-Computer-Interaction, Epidemiology, or related disciplines wishing to further their knowledge of digital public health interventions
- Professionals wishing to take on an evidence-based perspective to their work with digital public health interventions
- To learn about the opportunities, challenges, and methods for designing, evaluating, and implementing digital public health interventions
- To acknowledge different intervention designs and evaluation methods and apply them to a specific digital public health topic
- To be able to critically assess factors to be considered when implementing digital public health interventions in real-world scenario
Summer school format:
The summer school will consist of a mix of lectures, seminars, and hands-on group activities. Most presentations will be delivered in person, with some occasional presentations to be pre-recorded or presented online. The summer school is designed to be interactive with small group and whole group activities and discussions throughout.
All participants will further be provided with:
- A reading list
- An option to present their work via an interactive poster presentation
- A certificate will be provided for each participant including the working hours and the group presentation.
Prof. Dr. Hajo Zeeb, Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS, Head of Department Prevention and Evaluation
Prof. Dr. Benjamin Schüz, Institute for Public Health and Nursing Research, University of Bremen, Head of Department Prevention and Health Promotion
Prof. Dr. Ansgar Gerhardus, Institute for Public Health and Nursing Research, University of Bremen, Head of Department Health Services Research
400 Euro per participants. The costs include the costs of the program, lunch for each of the five days and coffee breaks, a guided social activity in Bremen, and a summer school dinner.
Please note that accommodation and travel are not included in the costs. The organization team will provide a few recommendations for different accommodation options nearby.
Travel grants of 500 or 1.000 Euro will be provided to selected participants. Information on selection criteria and the application process will follow soon.
Registration and application process:
Registration will open in January 2023. More information on the registration and application process for travel grants will follow soon.
To stay updated please register your contact details here:
International participants will be able to request a formal invitation letter if needed.