Researcher at 50% position for a seed funding project in Research Cluster 4- Leibniz ScienceCampus Digital Public Health (LSC DiPH)
We are looking for a researcher to join us for a seed funding project titled “Digi-NAP – The Interactive Digital Workshop: Exploring the Use of Digital Participatory Methods for Strengthening Participation in Noise Action Planning: A Feasibility Study”. The project has been funded by the Leibniz ScienceCampus Digital Public Health (LSC DiPH). This is a part time position (50%) for a period of 1 year and starting at 1st February, 2023.
Project and Job Description
Noise is one of the environmental problems that is evidenced to show long term impact on health. Engaging people in the identification and planning of noise measures in noise action planning may improve perceived control over the noise annoyance, thus leading to positive health outcome. In this project we bring the concept of interactive digital workshop as an approach to strengthen the engagement of citizens. This is a feasibility study exploring whether and how digital workshop combining individuals’ subjective perception (collected via smartphone-based app) and objective noise indicators during collaborative workshop environment can promote participants’ engagement in the planning and design of planning measures in noise action planning with municipal stakeholders.
The researcher will mainly work on the following tasks in close coordination with the PI
- Preparation of rapid review
- Carry out preparatory work for the conduction of two digital workshops within the project – co-design workshop with citizens and collaborative workshop with municipal practitioners
- Prepare and manage required data (literature, municipal spatial data)
- Establish contact with relevant neighbourhood organizations, municipal practitioners for recruiting citizens and for involving them in the project
- Co-organise the two workshops
- Overview and provide support to participants during one week of individuals’ subjective assessment
- Data analysis, synthesis and manuscript writing
We are looking for a researcher having following profile
- Graduate degree in public health, geography or any related field.
- Must have good knowledge in German (both written and spoken) and English, good communication skill and management
- Interest in the topic of the project or related topic e.g. urban health, digital participation, urban planning, environmental justice
- Knowledge on geospatial data and customization of smartphone-based app
Please contact us as soon as possible by sending email with your CV to Dr. Rehana Shrestha, Institut für Public Health und Pflegeforschung, Department of Socialepidemology, Leibniz ScienceCampus Digital Public Health (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications are considered until the position is filled.
Created on: 11/09/2022
At the Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology - BIPS GmbH, Department of Prevention and Evaluation under the direction of Prof. Dr. Hajo Zeeb there is a vacancy - subject to the release of funds - for 01.02.2023 in the framework of the BMBF funded project in cooperation with the new Lausitz Center for Digital Public Health (Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus-Senftenberg) as a
with 23,4 hours per week, EG 13 TV-L
to be filled for 24 months.
The overall goal of the project is the conception and implementation of a Lusatian Center for Digital Public Health (LauZeDiPH) at the campus of the BTU in Senftenberg. In this context, a close cooperation with the BIPS and the Leibniz ScienceCampus Digital Public Health is to be established.
Her tasks in the project are particularly located in Cluster 1 Surveillance and Interventions:
- Support of the coordination of cluster 1
- Joint initiation and analysis of primary data collections on the topic of health and digital technologies
- Planning and participation in the implementation of secondary data analyses
- Preparation of reviews on digital public health interventions
- Writing reports and scientific publications
- Completed master's degree in health sciences or comparable field of study
- Experience in the development or evaluation of digital interventions
- Very good qualitative and quantitative methodological skills
- Very good knowledge of German and English
The Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology - BIPS is one of the most renowned epidemiological research institutes in Germany. It maintains close cooperative relationships with various partners in Germany and abroad and is a partner of the planned LauZeDiPH in Senftenberg.
We offer you a varied job in a research environment characterized by international projects, exciting research topics, a highly motivated and collegial team, a good infrastructure as well as the opportunity for further scientific qualification.
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given priority if their professional and personal qualifications are essentially equal.
Since October 2014, BIPS has been awarded the audit berufundfamilie certificate. With various measures, BIPS promotes the compatibility of work and individual lifestyle.
Please direct any queries to: Prof. Dr. Hajo Zeeb, phone: 0421 / 218-56902, e-mail: email@example.com
Additional information is also available on our homepage: www.bips-institut.de.
Have we aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents, quoting the reference number A 22/32, by December 15, 2022 as a 1 PDF document to: bewerbung(at)leibniz-bips.de
Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology - BIPS GmbH